- 3-D solid modeling computer aided design, from concept proposal to
detailed fabrication drawings.
- Design of large spacecraft structures, for missions such as XTE, TRMM,
- Design of earth and space science instrument platforms, including
lightweight and dimensionally stable optical benches (e.g. FUSE, MAP,GLAS,
- Highly reliable mechanisms for solar arrays and antenna deployments,
and instrument covers and shutters (usually single action spring driven
- Use of a broad range of material systems, from "traditional" aluminum,
to advanced composites.
- Developing technologies to provide "precision extendible optical benches"
and "enhanced inflatable structures" for various missions.
- Expert consultation for out-of-house missions such as GOES, POES, EOS,